Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A Return

It's tempting to fall into the end-of-quarter release that always happen after the stress of exams has passed, the campus has emptied, and coffee-shop conversations, even at this unassailable bastion of intellectualism, turn briefly to the mundane topics of the world. It is an experience akin to pillow talk after a long night of intercourse.

Unfortunately, I remain one of the stressed. Even though I received the good news that I will receive funding for next year, due to complications that I will not elaborate upon at this moment, I still am not able to take to my exams. Indeed, after all these months of mental anguish, my term has been extended.

And with that, I leave you, faithful readers, if indeed there are still any of you left. I hope that I may someday soon enjoy my own mundane conversations with you once again.