Tuesday, June 27, 2006

We talked this morning. She sent me a brief e-mail, and, after these long days of not speaking to her, I called her not long after in order to see how she had been doing. It was a nice conversation, and while the mood was a little subdued, it was refreshing to realize that there was still friendship between us.

I still think there is hope. She told me that she missed me, and that she often thinks about me. And indeed, in one brief sentence she expressed something of a hope of getting back together, but I do not know when or if it will be realized. All in all, it was good to hear her voice again.

I suppose I don't have it as bad as some: I was writing to one of my friends in Germany via AIM and he told me about this girl who came up and flirted with him at a train station. I asked if he said some nice things and got her number, but he said that he couldn't summon the courage. I know I used to be that way, but as I take the first steps into my 27th year, I've become all too aware that the time when I could afford to have such little moments of cowardice have passed. It's time to start living life for all it's worth. He's a good guy, a smart guy. I hope the next time a similar opportunity arises that he takes a hold of the reins of his own destiny.

On a side note: my bicycle is missing, which is another thing in a long list of crap that I didn't need. As I said in an e-mail to one of my advisers last week--when it rains, it pours.